Free Advice on How to Start a Telecommuting / Telework Program
Originally published on AltamontCowork.com
OK, companies…here is the free advice on how to start a telecommuting program at your place of work.
Ready? You sure?
It ain’t rocket science…..do it. DUH.
- Give your employee a task with a deadline.
- Let them work on it anyplace, anytime.
- Remotely connect with them, everyday if you have to, via any of the millions of ways you can connect in 2011 (video, voice, data).
- When the deadline rolls around, ask this question: “Is the task complete?”
- If the answer is “Yes”…you have successfully implemented a telecommuting program. On to the next task.
- If the answer is “No”….then that employee failed (or you did) try the same with another employee.
- Oh yeah…set up a really nice retirement package for the Old Fashioned Bosses (OFB) who insist that people are not working unless they are seen by the OFB, and make them take it. Get them out of the way…
COMPANIES: If you are spending thousands and thousands of dollars studying telecommuting, developing rules and regulations for a program, setting up milestones, goals, and tests, etc…..YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY.
Follow my rules…it’s cheaper.
Telecommuting = Coworking = Telework
Posted on August 22, 2011, in Coworking, Telecommuting and tagged commute, commuter, go green, going green, sustainability, telecommute, Telecommuting, telework. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.